How to become the talk of the town on social media
Social media is a fantastic way to grow your audience and create a buzz around your book, but I’m sure that’s not the first time you’ve been told that! So how do you actually go about building an audience on social media? What can you do to attract people to your social media pages and actually get them to engage with you?
Don’t wait until your book hits the shelves to start promoting it on social media (or anywhere else for that matter), otherwise you’ll still be trying to build your audience when you should be getting people excited about getting their hands on your book.
Here are my top tips to get you started on social media:
- Think carefully about who’s going to read your book and where they hang out on social media.
- Don’t spread yourself too thin! Be realistic about the time and resources you have to put into managing your social media presence. If you only have an hour or two a week, then concentrate on just one or two social media platforms that you know your audience love to use.
- Add as much information as possible to your profiles; the more details you add the easier it will be for people to find you on social media.
- Make sure your social media pages look the part. They’re a shop window as much as a website is so it’s important that your pages look professional and you keep your branding consistent.
Get people talking
Now that you’ve got your social media pages set up, it’s time to start building excitement about your book. Even if you’re still writing, there’s plenty that you can talk about to build a buzz;
- Quotes and extracts from the book
- A sneak peek behind the scenes
- Updates about your journey towards becoming a published or self-published author.
- Ask your audience for their ideas and input, for example you could ask them to vote for their favourite book cover.
- Personal insights that give your audience chance to get to you.
Whether you’re using social media to promote your book or market your business, the key is to be consistent.
It’s normal to dive in with bags of energy and enthusiasm but it can quickly dissipate if you don’t get the immediate reaction you were hoping for. Before you know it, you’re just posting something random every now and again and no one seems to be taking a blind bit of notice.
It takes time to build an audience on social media, and even longer to get people to engage with you and eventually buy from you. So don’t give up. Keep showing up and continue to share content that will excite and engage your audience. Even if it doesn’t feel like it at times, every day that you show up on social media you are adding another brick to the foundations of a successful book launch.
About Infinity with Beckie Coupe
Beckie is a social media and marketing coach on a mission to give people the confidence and know-how to breathe life into their amazing marketing ideas so that they can build a business and a lifestyle that they adore!
Check out Beckie on Facebook >>click here<<
Or head over to her website >>click here<<