Being a writer is easy, do you agree?
It’s easy to hide behind excuses not to write.
It’s easy to convince yourself you’re wasting your time.
It’s easy to shelve books when they’re half-written.
It’s easy to prioritise your chores over your writing.
It’s easy to neglect your writing for weeks.
So how do you flip this around and make your WRITING easier?
1. Join a community.
2. Make yourself accountable.
3. Set a daily target/goal and don’t swerve it.
4. Find inspiration from fresh sources.
5. Talk about your writing.
6. Ask for advice when you’re wobbling.
7. Get feedback on ideas before you commit.
8. Create a writing routine.
9. Be grateful for your gift and don’t hide it away.
10. Surround yourself with like-minded people (because, let’s face it, your friends and family aren’t always good craic when it comes to talking about writing/books).
I have two writing communities you can join if it’s time to move your writing up a gear and start treating your hobby like a viable business.
The Writer’s Sanctuary – my free Facebook group – https://lnkd.in/drddu2S
MotherBooker Success Club – my paid monthly subscription club for writers who want to get serious about writing, publishing and selling – https://bit.ly/2HCpCTp
Come and join us. We’re rooting for you!
Self-Publishing Services for UK Independent Authors.