right FIRST IMPRESSION
Proofreading and editing are a valuable investment for any author, small business owner, student or academic if you want to make that right first impression.
An error-free manuscript/thesis/dissertation/lead magnet/blog/website projects a professional image and speaks volumes about your standards.
My UK-based Proofreading and Editing Services include:
- a free 1,000-word sample proofread/edit
- a bespoke price (based on the sample)
- tracked versions (in Word) and clean versions of your proofread/ edited work so you always retain control over your manuscript, even after the changes
- a summary report of the edits which have been made
- a thorough first read of your manuscript
- checks for grammar, spelling and punctuation
- checks for consistency of spelling (names, nouns, etc)
Prices usually start at £10 per 1,000 words, or are based on sample provided
My Editing Services take on three different forms:
Includes: a full proofread as detailed above plus I’ll check for any ambiguities – name changes halfway through a novel, for example) as well as the flow of your writing, syntax structure (line by line) and facts.
Prices usually start at £12 per 1,000 words or are based on sample provided.
Content Editing Support
Includes: a full edit of your story’s content (and read through at least twice) and a written report to highlight strengths, weaknesses, plot holes, characterisations, setting, etc (no proofread included).
Prices start at £10 per 1,000 words.
Comprehensive Editing Support
Fiction Only – includes: an in-depth service which includes a line-by-line, scene-by-scene read through and a full edit which looks in detail at: character and plot development (and any plot holes), show versus tell, structure and pace, facts, inconsistencies and voice. In short, this edit captures everything a full proofread, copy-edit and/or content-edit would include, as well as a second revision following amendments/feedback from author and a final proofread (upon request).
Prices usually start at £18 per 1,000 words.